• Start your day with a visit to the Rhode Island State House, a beautiful Greek Revival building that is home to the state government. Take a guided tour to learn more about the history and architecture of this iconic building.
• Visit the Roger Williams National Memorial, which commemorates the founder of Rhode Island and his contributions to religious freedom.
• Wander around Waterplace Park, a beautiful urban park located along the Providence River. Enjoy views of the river, historic bridges, and the iconic Providence skyline.
• Stop by the RISD Museum to explore its extensive collection of art, artifacts, and more. Don’t miss their special exhibits!
• Head over to Federal Hill for lunch at one of its many restaurants. Try one of their famous Italian dishes or sample some local seafood.
• After lunch, explore some of Providence’s many art galleries and boutiques. Check out the works of local artists and pick up some souvenirs to take home.
• End your day with a stroll through Benefit Street, which is lined with historic homes and buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries.
• Pane e Vino: Try their homemade pasta dishes, such as their signature gnocchi with tomato cream sauce.
• The Grange: Enjoy their locally sourced menu featuring dishes like grilled salmon with roasted vegetables or a classic steak frites.
• Andino’s Restaurant: Sample traditional Italian dishes like lasagna or ravioli.
WHERE TO STAY:
For your stay in Providence, we recommend staying at The Dean Hotel located in downtown Providence. This boutique hotel offers stylishly designed rooms with modern amenities and is conveniently located near many of the city’s top attractions.