• Start your day at the Lincoln Memorial and take in the view of the Reflecting Pool and Washington Monument.
• Stroll down the National Mall and visit some of the other iconic monuments including the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and the Korean War Veterans Memorial.
• Make your way to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum for an afternoon of exploration.
• Head to Dupont Circle for dinner at one of the many restaurants in the area.
• End your day with a stroll through Georgetown’s cobblestone streets and admire the colonial architecture.
• For dinner, try Komi for Mediterranean-inspired small plates or Le Diplomate for classic French bistro fare.
WHERE TO STAY:
• The Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle is a great option for its central location and modern amenities.