– Start your day with breakfast at La Cafetera, a charming cafe serving up traditional Dominican dishes like mangu and queso frito.
– Head over to the Colonial Zone, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the Americas. Here, you can explore the cobblestone streets, visit historical sites such as the Alcázar de Colón, and take in the vibrant atmosphere of this area.
– Make your way over to Parque Mirador Sur for stunning views of the city.
– Enjoy lunch at La Briciola, a cozy Italian restaurant with delicious wood-fired pizzas and pastas.
– Head over to Faro a Colon, a monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus, for more breathtaking views of Santo Domingo.
– End your day with dinner at El Meson de la Cava, a traditional Dominican restaurant serving up classic dishes like sancocho and mofongo.
– La Cafetera: Try their traditional breakfast dishes like mangu and queso frito.
– La Briciola: Don’t miss out on their delicious wood-fired pizzas and pastas.
– El Meson de la Cava: Enjoy classic Dominican dishes like sancocho and mofongo.
WHERE TO STAY:
For your stay in Santo Domingo, we recommend Hotel El Embajador. This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of the city and offers modern amenities such as an outdoor pool, spa, and fitness center. Plus, it’s close to many of the attractions you’ll be visiting during your trip!