• Start your day off with a scenic hike at Roy’s Peak. Take in the breathtaking views of Lake Wanaka and the surrounding mountains as you make your way up the track.
• After your hike, cool off with a refreshing dip in the lake. If you’re feeling adventurous, try stand-up paddleboarding or kayaking.
• For lunch, head over to Relishes Cafe for some delicious food and coffee. Try their famous fish tacos or their homemade pies!
• In the afternoon, explore the town of Wanaka. Take a stroll down its main street and pop into some of its unique shops.
• For dinner, head over to The Cow Restaurant & Bar for some tasty local fare. Try their signature beef burger or their lamb shank!
• End your day with a walk along the lakefront and take in the stunning sunset.
• Relishes Cafe: Fish tacos and homemade pies
• The Cow Restaurant & Bar: Beef Burger and Lamb Shank
WHERE TO STAY:
For a fun day trip to Wanaka, we recommend staying at The Wanaka Lakeview Motel. Offering stunning views of Lake Wanaka from its balconies and rooms, it’s the perfect place to relax after a day of exploring!