• Start your morning off with a visit to the iconic Branch Brook Park. This is the oldest county park in the United States and features over 4,000 cherry trees! Take a stroll around the park and admire the beautiful blooms.
• Afterward, head over to the Newark Museum. This museum houses collections of American art, decorative arts, contemporary art, and more! Spend some time exploring the galleries and learning about Newark’s history.
• For lunch, check out Hobby’s Delicatessen. This Jewish deli has been around since 1962 and is known for their classic sandwiches. Try the pastrami on rye and wash it down with a classic New York egg cream.
• After lunch, take a stroll through downtown Newark and check out some of the local shops. You can find everything from vintage clothing stores to art galleries.
• For dinner, head over to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. This restaurant is known for their delicious smoked meats and craft beers. Try the pulled pork sandwich and pair it with one of their signature cocktails.
• To end your night, take a trip to Military Park. This park is home to several monuments honoring veterans of World War I and II. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and take in the views of downtown Newark before heading home.
• Hobby’s Delicatessen: Pastrami on Rye & Egg Cream
• Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: Pulled Pork Sandwich & Signature Cocktail
WHERE TO STAY:
The Best Western Plus Robert Treat Hotel is a great option for your 1 day trip to Newark. The hotel is conveniently located near all of the attractions mentioned above and offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities. Plus, they have an on-site restaurant that serves delicious American fare.