• Start your day with a visit to the National Mall, where you can explore the National Museum of Natural History, the National Air and Space Museum, and the Smithsonian Castle.
• Stop for lunch at one of DC’s many food trucks or grab a quick bite at the nearby food court.
• In the afternoon, take a stroll along the Tidal Basin and take in views of the Jefferson Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial.
• End your day with dinner at Georgetown’s Old Ebbitt Grill, an historic restaurant that has been serving up classic American fare since 1856.
• Begin your day with a tour of the White House and then head to the nearby National Gallery of Art.
• Spend some time exploring Dupont Circle, one of DC’s most vibrant neighborhoods. Grab lunch at one of the many restaurants in the area or pick up some snacks from one of the local farmers markets.
• In the afternoon, visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and take a moment to reflect on the importance of this history.
• End your day with dinner at Zaytinya, a Mediterranean restaurant that serves up delicious small plates and homemade mezze.
• Start your day with a visit to Arlington National Cemetery, where you can pay your respects to those who have served our country.
• Afterward, head to the nearby Smithsonian National Zoo for an afternoon of animal watching.
• For dinner, check out The Hamilton, a modern American restaurant with live music and delicious craft cocktails.
• End your night with a show at one of DC’s many theaters or catch a movie at one of the local movie theaters.
Old Ebbitt Grill (American fare), Zaytinya (Mediterranean small plates), The Hamilton (modern American).
WHERE TO STAY:
For convenience and comfort, stay at The Willard InterContinental Washington D.C., a luxurious hotel located in downtown DC near all the major attractions.