– Start your day at the Chesapeake Arboretum, a beautiful park filled with lush greenery and plenty of wildlife. Take a stroll through the trails, explore the gardens, and keep an eye out for some of the local birds and other animals.
– Next, head over to the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. This natural oasis is home to a variety of native animals, including black bears, bobcats, river otters, and more. Take a guided tour or explore on your own to see some of these amazing creatures in their natural habitat.
– Grab lunch at one of Chesapeake’s many delicious restaurants. Try the local seafood or enjoy some classic Southern comfort food.
– After lunch, head over to the Chesapeake Planetarium for some educational entertainment. Enjoy interactive shows and exhibits about space exploration and astronomy.
– End your day with a visit to the Chesapeake City Park for a relaxing stroll and a breathtaking sunset. Take in the views of the lake and enjoy some peaceful moments as you take in all that Chesapeake has to offer.
– Ketch 22 Seafood & Oyster Bar: Try their signature ‘Ketch 22’ oysters served with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese.
– The Beach Bully: Enjoy classic Southern comfort food like fried chicken and macaroni & cheese.
– The Green Olive: Sample Mediterranean dishes like hummus platters and falafel wraps.
WHERE TO STAY:
For this 1 day trip, you won’t need accommodations; however, if you’re looking for somewhere to stay overnight during your trip, consider The Westin Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort & Spa – an upscale resort located on the banks of the Choptank River with stunning views of the surrounding area.