• Start your day off with a visit to the National Mall, where you can take in the majestic view of the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument.
• Stop by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum to learn about the history of aviation and space exploration.
• Take a break for lunch at one of DC’s many delicious eateries. Try something unique like a lobster roll from Luke’s Lobster or a classic like a burger from Good Stuff Eatery.
• After lunch, head to the Lincoln Memorial and reflect on the legacy of our 16th president.
• Stroll along the Tidal Basin and take in the stunning views of the Jefferson Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial.
• End your day with a visit to the White House Visitor Center to learn more about the history and importance of our nation’s executive office.
• Luke’s Lobster: Try their classic lobster roll or opt for one of their seasonal specials.
• Good Stuff Eatery: Enjoy a juicy burger topped with their signature “good stuff” sauce.
• Ben’s Chili Bowl: Sample some of DC’s famous chili half-smokes or chow down on one of their delicious chili cheese fries.
WHERE TO STAY:
For a comfortable stay in DC, consider staying at The Dupont Circle Hotel. This hotel is conveniently located near many of DC’s top attractions, including the National Mall and White House Visitor Center. Plus, it features an on-site restaurant, bar, and fitness center.