• Start your trip with a visit to the Gulf Shores, where you can spend the day soaking up the sun on the white sand beaches. Don’t forget to check out the iconic Hangout Music Festival and grab a bite at one of the many beachside restaurants.
• In the evening, head to Mobile Bay for a sunset cruise and dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants.
• End your day with a stroll through downtown Mobile and a stop at Cathedral Square Park for some live music.
• Start your day exploring Birmingham’s vibrant city center. Visit the historic 16th Street Baptist Church, take a tour of the Civil Rights Institute, and explore the shops and restaurants at The Pizitz Food Hall.
• In the afternoon, visit Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark and take a guided tour of its iron works.
• For dinner, try some authentic Southern cooking at Saw’s Soul Kitchen.
• End your day by taking in some live music at one of Birmingham’s many bars and clubs.
• Spend your final day exploring Huntsville’s historic downtown district. Visit Big Spring Park and take in its stunning views before heading to Twickenham Historic District to explore its charming streets and buildings.
• In the afternoon, head to Monte Sano State Park for a hike or bike ride through its lush forests.
• Finish your trip with dinner at Cotton Row Restaurant before heading back home.
• Gulf Shores: The Hangout – Try their famous fried shrimp po’boy sandwich!
• Mobile Bay: Royal Scam – Enjoy fresh seafood dishes with an amazing view of the bay.
• Birmingham: Saw’s Soul Kitchen – Sample some classic Southern cooking like fried catfish, collard greens, and mac & cheese.
• Huntsville: Cotton Row Restaurant – Try their signature pulled pork sandwich or their delicious Southern-style fried chicken!
WHERE TO STAY:
• Gulf Shores: The Beach Club Resort & Spa – Enjoy stunning views of the Gulf from this luxurious resort with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
• Birmingham: Hotel Indigo – This modern hotel is located in downtown Birmingham and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions.
• Huntsville: Embassy Suites by Hilton Huntsville Hotel & Spa – Enjoy all the comforts of home in this luxurious suite hotel with an indoor pool and spa services.